Tuesday 12 June 2018

A Week in Review (May 20-26)

A Week in Review (May 20-26)

Watched: Jack have a great time playing with my family. We decided to go to Alliance for a little over a week. The day we arrived he conned Grandma into a game of Wet Head. It was refreshing after the long drive. She also claimed that her cup had a hole in it and it drained her drink, but we couldn’t see evidence and thought she just hadn’t gotten enough sleep. We went on a nature A-Z walk in town too. We realized then that we didn’t have a football, so we had a to right that situation the next day. All the cheap ones just felt gross and weird, so we went with a nice junior size Nike one. I was surprised they had such a nice football in Alliance.  We also spent a couple mornings in town playing basketball and racquetball at the Rec center and getting Zestos.  You will see a picture of my mom cracking up with her finger on her cup. It turns out that hole was there after all. Even though she continued to use it for a few days, one night we were playing games and it sprung a giant hole that arched like a water fountain. We all got a good laugh out of it. Later that night I asked for some pepto. She brings out a bottle that was best bye March 2008.  We all laughed hard at that too. I actually decided to go ahead and try it. As you can tell, I’m still standing and it seemed to work somewhat effectively too.

Read: I continued to work on The Handmaid's Tale, but I couldn't force myself to get through it.  I am surprised that there is a popular TV show based off it.  

Listened: To the coach beg for a team mom for baseball. I wasn’t going to do it, but since no one else signed up, I guess I am in.  I did get a free T-shirt and hat out of the deal, so there is that.

Made: My mom’s annual Mother’s Day present. I love this tradition as it is fun to see how much he changes every year and what he likes at the moment.  Since I’m so behind in blogging, I am actually able to post the picture that we used since she already has it.

Felt: Proud of Jack for having an awesome 4th grade year. He continues to grow in his academic skills. He has stayed a kind kid with a generous heart. We are really going to miss his teacher as she is taking a job in another district so that she can become a Talented and Gifted Teacher. They are lucky to have her. We celebrated the end of the year by picking up his friend Luke, having slurpees, and playing Wet Head. I played 6 rounds with them and then I let them go at it.

Planned: On painting the fence quickly so that we could get into compliance with our HOA before we left on our trip. It was anything but quick. It was messy, full of spills and drips, but thanks to my friend Gretchen and our neighbor, it was done in one night.  I will admit, it does look much better now.

Loved: Attending Jack’s end of season football party. His coaches always have such nice things to say about him. This season instead of being given trophies, the coach had jerseys made for them. I thought that was really cool.  They also got to play a lot of dodgeball, including a couple rounds of kids vs parents. I got a couple kids out each time before I was taken out.  We also received his pictures that day and I thought they turned out really well too.

Here are the pics for the week:


































No comments: