Monday 5 March 2018

A Week in Review (Feb 25 - March 3)

A Week in Review (Feb 25 - March 3)

Watched: Season finale of Victoria.  It was another really enjoyable season.  I often found myself googling different things to get the back story of what the history books said on the subject.  If you like to follow British Royalty stories, I'd recommend picking up this one.  You can find Season 1 for free with Amazon Prime.

Read:  I was able to finish up Still Me.  Another endearing installment in the Louisa Clark story. I enjoyed this one more than After You, but still not as much as Me Before You. I’m hoping we will get a fourth dose of Louisa so we can see how she keeps maturing.  Next, I started my face-to-face book club read, Little Fires Everywhere.  It is a very popular book so I had to do it on a Rapid Reads checkout.  Sadly, I think I will have to pay some library fines because I won't be able to return it within the 7 days, but it much cheaper than purchasing the book.  I didn't get very far into it, but its had good reviews from a couple of my other book clubbers, so I am looking forward to getting into it.

Listened: Boy cry with headache on Monday night.  He was up taking a shower and it just him like a ton of bricks.  He didn't sleep well and I ended up letting him sleep in and miss the first couple of hours on Tuesday.  I think if he hadn't had chess club, he might have skipped the entire day to just recover.  Then on Friday evening, I was also struck by a powerful headache.  Not sure if it was some type of virus or what, but it knocked me for a loop too.  Not fun at all.

Made: A CVS account for pictures of Nick.  We were texting and he let me know how much he was missing having pictures of his in office.  They didn't really have any Walgreens that he could quickly get to, so I created an account at CVS and uploaded some fun pictures for him.  He was quite thankful to have a good assortment of his wife and boy to adorn his office.  It was pretty sweet and one of the really tangible ways that he has shown that he misses us while he is away.

Felt: Bummed about getting a crown, but I kind of knew it was coming.  I had felt some naggling pain in my back jaw and it turns out I have a cracked tooth that the broken sliver is sitting down in my gums between two teeth.  Luckily, they could get me in right away and I should have the permanent crown seated before we leave on our cruise.  I didn't really want to take a week long journey with a temporary one on.

Planned: Details for the season ending party for wrestling.  I can't believe, but the season is official over.  I helped create fun sweatshirts for our state champion wrestlers and come up with the food details of what to feed our guests.  It is all coming together very nicely and I am sure the families will have a good time again.

Loved:  Watching Jack play with his friends.  The weather was absolutely beautiful this week, especially on Friday.  He, Luke, and Landon all decided to go the park to hit some balls to each other.  Usually when three kids get together, there is quite a bit of trouble with two of them teaming up on the other one, but this all just works out so well.  They all have similar enough personalities that they just jibe together.  We are grateful that he gets to continue to grow friendships ad many of the kids from his football team will be back together this season.  We got the call confirming things are good to go and that he starts practices next Monday!

Here are the pics for the week:

I went up on the roof to take some photos for our yearbook.  While I was waiting for the teacher to get out, I took this fun shot.




Good thing they have a lot of energy because the pitcher also had to be the fielder!



No comments: