Monday 26 February 2018

A Week in Review (Feb 18-24)

A Week in Review (Feb 18-24)

Watched: Good Place and Atypical.  Both of them were great shows and I am thankful for the recommendations of my friends to give them to me.  I have quite a bit of reading that I need to do in the next couple of weeks so I doubt that I will get much TV watching in.  Plus my regular shows resume so that will take up a good chunk of time.  I am looking forward to seeing what the other recommendations are like.

Read: I finished up These Is My Words.  For some reason this book was a bit slow for me. While I enjoyed hearing of the struggles that Sarah and her family endured, I was just never drawn into the story. I mostly felt like it was a story that I had heard before. However, I was sad to see it end because I didn’t feel like I was at the end. If you are looking for a good pioneer story, I feel that you would enjoy this one.  Next, I started Still Me, which is the third in a series.  I only just got a few pages in, but I am hoping to finish it up next week.  It will be a bit of a challenge, but hopefully I can rise to it!

Listened: Jack cry when Nora clawed him accidentally.  He was messing around with her and she jumped up on his back.  She must have been losing her balance on two feet and so she moved her paw to regain and it went in a long movement down his face and across his eye area.  Luckily there doesn't seem to be any damage to his sight, but his face sure hurts.  I guess she just wanted to make him look tough for his basketball game.

Made:  On Monday, the head wrestling coach invited Jack out to see Black Panther.  I decided to use that time to make the bags up.  Wow!  It was a lot longer process than I had imagined.  Coach offered for me to bring them to practice so that people could help me, but I knew that I was too anal about the way they were looking to share them with anyone. I love the way that they turned out and I think the families will like them too.  There is a picture of one below.

Felt: A bit sad that Jack didn’t do state. So instead, we watched trackcast and were able to see some of his teammates matches.  We had to leave for his basketball in the middle of it.  When we got back it seemed like many of the matches didn't record because they didn't have the link to watch the videos beside them.  I was bummed because that was many of the kids that I wanted to watch as they are kids from my team that I take care of.  However, I did get to watch Jack have a good basketball game.   His team is really clicking and they get along so well.  After the practice, the coach asked me if they were a club team that played together.  The idea made me laugh as I am not sure why a club team would ever come play Y-Ball, but it was a nice a compliment.  Hard to believe that we only have two more weeks left.

Planned: To be utterly confused by the chess ladder concept that was explained to me, but once I saw it in action, I really liked it.  We have seventeen 5th graders in our chess club, so there isn't a good way for them to play each other.  Therefore, they have to use this ladder style to determine who they can play.  They can challenge anyone that is four spaces above them.  If they beat them, they take their place on the ladder and everyone else must move down one.  The kids seemed to understand it quickly too and I think they like the visual representation of their status.

Loved: Ladies offering to help with box tops.  I had an awkward exchange with our school's coordinator on Thursday which resulted in me counting the box tops for this challenge.  It wasn't exactly something I was prepared to do and I loved that when I told people about it that they offered to help me.  I gave a huge task to my girlfriend to count her son's class.  They ended up winning the contest most likely with a total of 799.  It took me long enough to count the other 2200 that I am so glad that I didn't have to count the 799 too!  I am hoping the coordinator steps down next year so that I can take it over and have fun contest for the school.

Here are the pics for the week:









No comments: