Tuesday 6 February 2018

A Week in Review (January 28-February 3)

A Week in Review (January 28-February 3)

Watched: The first couple episodes of The Good Place.  Since I had wrapped up the series Hart of Dixie, I was looking for a show me to watch in my down time.  I especially like having something to watch while I eat lunch.  I went to Facebook and got lots of recommendations.  I wasn't sure which one to watch first so I put them all into a hat and drew out the The Good Place.  It is right up my alley.  The way that her cuss words get altered to be things the Ashhole and Fork really endeared me to the show.  It's only a couple of seasons into production so it won't be very long before I back at the hat again finding a new show, but I am looking forward to this one.

Read: I finished up My Lovely Wife in the Psych Ward.  If you love someone who struggles with mental illness, you may identify with the author. He doesn’t make himself out to be a wonderful human being. Most of the time, he paints himself to be quite the ass. If you are having feelings of guilt during your partners break from reality, this book would show you that you aren’t alone in feeling that way. I am also very curious about where their money came from that allowed them so much downtime during each of her episodes. I feel fortunate that love my life has never left me to experience the psych ward.  Next, I blew through Eliza and Her Monsters.  I found this book on the recommendation of a friend. It made her Top 5 books from 2017. I can see why she loved it so much. The characters (in all the worlds) draw you and make you anxious to know more. Excellent YA material.  I was also able to read the novella, Gwendy's Button Box.  It was entertaining and thought provoking. What would you do if you had a button box with the power to destroy whatever you wanted? I am sure that I would become addicted to the exquisite chocolates such a box would provide too.  Next I started The Bean Trees which was this month's selection for my face-to-face book club.  While I made good progress on it, I don't have it wrapped up for a review yet.  

Listened: Growling dogs as Nora and her friend Sadie had a blast playing with each other. Sadie’s family went skiing for the weekend and so we got to dogsit. They both had a great time running around chasing each other and looking like wild animals as they played with one another. 

Made: Everyone gather around for a picture with our PTA membership award. It is exciting that we have grown our membership enough to have qualified for the award. We had a pretty good group show up to our PTA meeting and the photo was well received on Facebook. I’m going to kind of miss running the page when I step off the board.

Felt: Amused by the outfits Jack and his friend came up with for basketball practice.  Jack went upstairs to get changed for practice and said he was coming down fancy.  He came down wearing shorts, a polo, his jersey, and a clip on tie.  I busted a gut.  Too make things all that much better, his friend requested a tie so that they could match.  They went to practice like that and wore it the entire time.  It was quite the hoot.

Planned: Tournament shopping list for our concession stand.  We kept a pretty good quantities list after last year, so it wasn't too hard to do.  I was glad to hear that Nick could keep driving up the company car and we wouldn't have to load and unload it a couple of times before the tournament!

Loved: Nick coming home.  He got home early Thursday evening in time for a quick kiss before I headed off to the PTA and he took Jack to wrestling practice.  He did get to enjoy both wrestling and basketball.  Jack had an amazing day of wrestling winning 3 out 4 matches and losing his only match by 1 point.  It must have been a pretty even bracket because it somehow worked out that even with that record, he got third place.  His whole team played amazingly well and won something like 34-6.  We enjoyed just being together and knowing that he didn't have to leave on Sunday night or Monday morning made it even more of a treat.  He gets to be a home an entire week thanks to the Board of Directors meeting that is being held in Denver that he is presenting at.  It will be a week full of tournament preparations, but I will just be so glad to him next meet even for only a few minutes a night.

Here are the pics for the week:
Jack and Rylan with their back to back picture. Jack may be sucking it up, but Rylan is raising his feet.  I am sure Rylan will catch back up soon.


The PTA crew


What hams!


Nora and her bud Sadie


No comments: