Tuesday 20 February 2018

A Week in Review (Feb 11-17)

A Week in Review (Feb 11-17)

Watched: Despicable Me 3 and The Empire Strikes Back on Valentine’s.  I voted for 50 First Dates or The Wedding Singer, but I was vetoed by someone who cared more than I did.  Jack and I both really enjoyed Despicable Me 3 and thought it was much better than the 2nd one in the series.  He's pretty into Star Wars again for the moment so he really enjoyed it.  Nick wrote me a sweet love letter and looked forward to our trip together over the weekend.

Read: Finished A Wrinkle in Time. This was also a part of my banned books challenge for 2018.  This book is the classic battle of good vs evil and love conquering all. I’m not sure why you would ban it for too much or too little religion. I suppose if the teacher were trying to force their religion on you while discussing the book things could get messy.  Jack definitely enjoyed it more than I did.  Since we both really enjoyed our read aloud time, we decided that we would take turn picking what book we read.  Since I picked first, he picked this time.  He selected Slacker. The opening chapter was quite hilarious and I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of the book develops.  Made a bit of progress on These is My Words.  I am hoping to be able to have it finished up by next week.   

Listened: To Jack complain after his haircut on Monday.  He knew that football season was coming up and he needed to get it under control for his helmet.  He also was informed that he would have to be showering more often because thick, long hair can get smelly quicker.  With the combined forces, he went in for a cut.  He was none to thrilled with how short they left.  You can see the before and after below.  His face really sums up how he felt.  I am sure we will be seeing it fluffy again soon.

Made: Bag tag samples for our wrestling bags.  I thought it was best to give people a variety of styles to choose from.  Everyone came to an agreement pretty quickly and now I just need to get them made.  I have forty to do, so I know that I can't put it off very long!

Felt: Bummed that my Lifeproof case wasn't waterproof after all.  Shortly after I recorded THIS awesome video, my phone fell all the way in.  I wasn't too worried about it, but when I saw water in the case, I kind of freaked out. Turns out that was the right emotion to have.  While it still powers on and I didn't lose any of the picture or data on it, it kind of has a mind of its own.  We will have to get a new one on Sunday.

Planned: On being close to both the Sand Dunes and the pool with the hotel that the boys picked as my Christmas present.  It ended up being about a 35 minutes away from the pool and a little over an hour to the pool.  Because the pool didn't open up until one with their winter hours, we went to the Sand Dunes first.  What can I say?  It's sandy, very sandy.  It was also pretty chilly because there was a light breeze and nothing to block it.  Jack had a blast playing in the sand.  He rolled down the steep dunes several times and even convinced me to roll from about half way.  We had sand everywhere and will most likely be finding it for months to come!  We also planned on gas being close but we had to drive 40 minutes out of or way just to get gas.  The cool thing about our place was that we got to exploring some backroads and see a bunch of Buddhist rock sculptures and some cool views.  Jack enjoyed taking some scenic pictures with my phone.  I have put some of those below.

Loved: Sand Dunes Recreational Pool.  It is so amazingly warm at 98 degrees.  It is naturally heated which makes it even more mind blowing.  We were there when it was 40 to 50 degrees.  Jack and I both thought that 45 was amazing because it made the water feel like such a treat.  As it got warmer, it wasn't quite as neat because you didn't get the rush.  They had a couple diving boards that Jack did lots of tricks off of.  It is a very reasonably priced trip if you are in the area.  I'd recommend that everyone take a least a day trip down there to enjoy.  If you decide to stay overnight, I'd either book in the cabins there or Center, CO!

Here are the pics for the week:

























No comments: