Thursday 20 October 2016

A Week in Review (October 9-15)

A Week in Review (October 9-15)

Watched: The Broncos lose twice in one week!  It is awfully painful.  The team has looked so lackluster and limp.  I am hoping that they are able to turn it around so that we can make it back to the Super Bowl.  If the Raiders win against the Chiefs they will be alone in the top spot.  I can't handle that so I will be cheering for the Chiefs on Sunday.

Read:  I did it!  I finished Child 44. I feel like I've been reading this book forever. It wasn't poorly written, it just took a lot more effort to connect with the characters. I think this is because I was so disturbed by the actions in the book. Once I got rolling, it really turned into a good book. I'm glad my library will be glad to have it back after having sat at my house for nine weeks. Next, I started on The Invisible Life Of Ivan Isaenko.  It was recommend to me by one of the gals in my online book club, so I like.  Funnily enough, it also a Russian sub-theme like Child 44.

Listened
: To the fun things that Jack learned at wrestling camp on Saturday.  It was a pretty small group so they got quite a bit of one-on-one time instruction with some Olympian wrestlers.  I was glad that he was able to make it because with football, he isn't getting a lot of mat time.  He has first tournament in Pueblo next week and he has to wrestle 10U because of a conflict with football.  I am very excited to be back in wrestling season full swing.

Made: Progress on Jack's football coaches gifts.  We are going to give them a frame with for their team picture.  We are going to get a mat to go around the outside to have all the kids sign to make it a little more personable.  We are also putting together a photo book for them with highlights from the season.  We will spend the remainder of the money on a gift card for them.

Felt: So proud of Jack.  He had his friend over after school on Wednesday because Landsharks practice was cancelled and the runners were instructed to go on their own.  It was an awful day.  It was drizzly and cold and really just meant for snuggling up.  Nonetheless, he went and ran the course his coach had laid out for him.  I always think people think I am horribly mean making him run while I follow in the car.  It's just the only way I know to give him a good distance set.  A lady did pull over to make sure that I was his mom.  Good to know people are looking out for our kids!

Planned:  On spending next Thursday afternoon with the Wolf boys while their mom went to conferences and we can enjoy hanging out with them.  I am sure it will be an afternoon of hat games.  I am so glad Jack has made such good friends with such a nice family.  They were even good enough to drive clear down to his game on Saturday and cheer him on!  They picked a good one to come to since he got to play every play in the second half, expect one.  

Loved: Jack's football picture.  The photographer really wanted him to give a charming smile, but that's not his football persona.  He wanted it with his mouth guard in.  The photographer tried to stop it and I insisted that he let him take it like he wanted.  If I paying a ridiculous amount of money photos, he should get to have it be what he likes.  He posted the proofs to his website and I am just in love.  It totally cracks me and shows his unique personality better than any posed smile!

Here are the pics for the week:

 

 

 

Just found this picture on Nick's phone and wanted to share it.
 

1 comment:

Sarah Lyons said...

Great photos this week!