Monday 22 August 2016

A Week in Review (August 14-20)

A Week in Review (August 14-20)

Watched: Odd Mom Out. I don't remember where I saw an advertisement for it, but it is pretty funny. I often feel like the odd mom out, so while I don't identify fully with her, it's a good way to fill the empty silence made up by Jack's absence.

Read:  I finished up The Girl in the Red Coat.  This book just wasn't for me. The characters lacked depth and I just couldn't connect to any of them. The way the book wrapped up was just as odd as the rest of the book. Not one that I would recommend.  Next, I started A Madness So Discreet.  This book was quite entertaining to me and earns closer to 3.5 stars. I have read other books about women who were cast into insane asylums at the whims of their family. I thought the whole book was rather well put together. Good for a quick read with a bit mystery and madness so discreet.  I started a bit of Child 44, but it is hard for me to really get into a book over a weekend.

Listened: To the rain and hail that came down hard Tuesday after school.  Jack's friends needed a ride home because there mom had an appointment with the cable guy.  There was a bit of thunder that indicated a storm was close, but I had no idea what was coming.  The car has a few new dimples to add to it's character.  I was glad we were able to safely get everyone home without any real drama.

Made: A bulletin board for Jack's teacher.  I was glad to see that she wanted to get me into the classroom right away.  I am such a perfectionist that I really wanted to measure things out, but I just tried to eye ball it.  It looked pretty good.  She called me in the next day to help her run some copies so that the kiddos could have things to do when the finished up their work early.  

Felt: Glad to have my September lesson plan done.  I tried to make it pretty detailed just in case I had to be absent.  Plus, when I look back a month from now it will be nice to have a clear plan of what I need to do to be ready for the day.  I am excited to see what the year has to offer.

Planned: Day at Elitch's during Jack's free day due to the district's elementary testing days.  We woke up at a good time and got to Elitch's just after it opened.  We would have been there early expect the traffic going into Denver was just a nightmare.  Luckily most of the kids in the area have went back to school and the lines were very short.  We were able to do all the thrill rides that we wanted.  Jack even rode the Boomerang four times in a row without getting off.  There is no way that my stomach could handle that.  We ended our afternoon in the water park.  We got lightening out about 15 minutes early, but we really enjoyed ourselves.  It was nice to have such a quiet day in the park with just the two of us.

Loved: Saturday.  We started out our morning at the football field for our last Saturday practice.  There were cupcakes for a birthday celebration and donuts to celebrate the boys awesome start.  After coming home for a quick shower, we went to celebrate the fourth birthday of our baseball coach's son.  We had a good time visiting with friends, enjoying the beautiful day, and watching the kids have a good time hanging out with each other.  When the party was over, we headed to the grocery store to get some artichokes.  We dropped the boys off with Nick so that my friend and I could run to American Furniture Warehouse and help her find some new furniture for her living room.  I thought we were going to strike out, but we found some great stuff just as we were leaving.  I am excited to see how it all looks in her house.  She's got an eye for style so it's fun to watch how she puts everything together.  We wrapped up the night by enjoying some delicious artichokes that Nick prepared while we were out.  All in all, it was a wonderful day.  

Here are the pics for the week:

First day of 3rd grade


Practicing Cornerback


No comments: