Monday 13 June 2016

A Week in Review (June 5-11)

A Week in Review (June 5-11)

Watched: Daddy's Home. Jack and has been wanting to see it since he saw the previews. Redbox sent me a code for a free movie so we decided to try it. It was pretty funny.  Lots of physical humor, but we laughed lots.  I wouldn't exactly call it a family flick, but it was good for our family.

Read:  I made pretty good progressing on Glory over Everything:  Beyond The Kitchen House.  I was hoping to finish it up, but it just didn't happen.  It is a good follow up on Jamie and his life after The Kitchen House.

Listened: To three boys have no idea how they could come together on an idea.  Everyone wanted to do something different and no one could really seem to come to a compromise.  Thank goodness the hat game to the rescue.  We played baseball at the park, Nintendo Land, and a water fight after the rain.  It was lots of fun and kept everyone getting along.

Made: Nick's anniversary present. He and Jack went to see the new X-men movie on Sunday. I wasn't feeling too in the superhero mood, so I stayed home.  I thought this would be a good time to figure out what I was going to get him. I went with a crystal cube that has a photo of me floating in it with the words "Love you forever" on it. I can't wait until it gets here in a couple weeks to see how it looks.

Felt: So amazed by Jack.  He's come a long way in his enjoyment vs fear on the roller coasters.  He routinely wants to sit at the front or back now.  He managed to keep the pose that you see in the photo below for the camera shot on the coaster too.  His first couple looked like he was death warmed over.  The park hasn't been too buys our last couple of times.  We even spent the vast majority of this trip at the water park and still got in a couple high thrill rides in the park.

Planned: On it always being just Jack and I at the pool at Lifetime this summer. We went for the first time on Wednesday and were excited when Coach's son splashed down in front of us. Apparently they also have a membership there. It will be nice to have a friend to meet up with occasionally.  Sadly, we didn't get to enjoy the pool very long because some lightening was in the area.  It seems like this could be a problem we face often here.  I am hoping not.  The water needs some sunshine to warm it up too. 

Loved:  Going exploring with Nick and Jack.  Nick had been told about an area about an hour away that had places where you could just go camping without seeing very many people at all.  It was a little bit crazy to get it it and we saw cattle and antelope.  Nora even lept out of rolled down window to chase the cattle.  We climbed some fun easy rock formations and I was able to get picture of Nick, Jack, and Nora.  I am definitely glad that we scouted it out before we went though because we definitely need to take different things camping.

Here are the pics for the week:

He didn't go see this movie, but Nick got this cute photo of him inside the theater


Interested in seeing what these turn into


I just love this picture of these two


What a ham!

I find it hilarious that Nick is the only one not looking at me.


No comments: