Wednesday 28 October 2015

A Week in Review (October 11-17)

A Week in Review (October 11-17)

Watched:  The start of the new series Heroes Reborn. We watched the original Heroes series and are enjoying this one. We are a little late coming to the party, but we are enjoying it. The part where the girl enters the video game is a bit far fetched in a far fetched show. Its something our whole family enjoys. 


Read: I finished up Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch.  This book was absolutely dreadful for me. I clearly do not appreciate British humor. I had moments where I thought it was going to be okay, but then it just turned bad again. I can't believe that I actually finished it. I just had to because I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss some grand finale. I will not be picking up another Neil Gaiman book, no matter what.  Next, I started Carrie hoping for a good Halloween read. It seems to be able to deliver that.

Listened: To Jack have a great time with his friend who was able to stay the night on Friday. They played pretty well together.  They woke up early and had a lightsaber battle, played football, and a ton of Mario Kart.


Made: Plans with our friends to attend a Colorado Springs Beer Festival the weekend after Halloween. It's all Colorado Brewers and the money from the ticket sales goes to charity. It should be a great time.  Since I am not a big beer drinker, I got the much cheaper Designated Driver ticket. I think it's so cool that they offer that option. 

Felt: So bad for Jack. He did not do as well as he wanted to at his state cross country meet and it crushed him. I think that there were lots of factors that contributed to his performance. Our trip to Kansas, the heat, and the fact that his running partner who helped him set the pace in Races 2 & 3 really wanted to go all out and Jack couldn't keep that pace. 

Planned: Several dinners and desserts for the teachers at Jack's school. It was amazing how few people signed up to bring things, so I was left making several things. I had a total Pinterest fail too. I attempted to make caramel apple bites and they did not work at all. Not sure what went wrong, but it was awful. I was so glad someone texted me to bail me out. 

Loved: Hearing that Jack is doing well in school.  His teachers and classmates enjoy him, which I think is great. He is making lots of friends. I am glad that he is adjusting to our move so well. 

Here are the pics for the week:

Half way done


FAIL!



No comments: