Tuesday 4 August 2015

A Week in Review (August 2-8)

A Week in Review (August 2-8)

Watched: My handy husband remove quite the ugly brass fixture in our kitchen and replace it with an updated one that I found at a garage sale for $2. The difference is amazing and the price was just right. 

Read:  Again this week, I have been so busy that reading just wasn't a priority. As we work on settling into a back to school routine next week, I hope to get back into the swing of things myself. 

Listened: To a bunch of different radio stations, but I have yet to find one that I really like. I got used to radio without radio personalities in Utah. I would like that again without having to use my data for Pandora or my phone's storage for songs.  We will just have to wait and see. 

Made: A 35 minute drive just to enroll my kid in....soccer. We missed the cut off for tackle football and so he didn't want to play flag either. Try as I might, I just couldn't convince him. This will be his first experience playing outdoor soccer. I hope that he enjoys it. 

Felt: Overwhelmed as I was watching the movers help unload the truck. I just can't believe we have so much "stuff". When I got into the house the feeling continued because I wasn't sure how I was ever going to make it all work.  However, I got right to work unpacking boxes and it really helped how I was feeling.  With a ton of work, we were able to have the house 90% unpacked and cars in the garage by Saturday evening.  There is still some final touches to be made and the last 10% to go, but those can wait. 

Planned: To have a little more storage space in this house, but most of it has been converted into living space.  When we were trying to move boxes that would traditionally be in storage, I realized that I keep a lot of stuff.  Luckily we managed to find spaces for everything, but accessing them won't be quite as easy it was in Draper. 

Loved: That my brother and sister in law drove down to see us. The took Jack hiking and camping on Saturday so that we could hit the house hard. If they hadn't done that, I don't think we would have gotten the office and garage as far as we did. We also got to chit chat and play several games with them. It is going to be amazing living so much closer to my family. Weekend trips will be an option now!

Here are the pics for the week:

My kitchen was a tale of new halves for a while. And look at what a difference good lighting makes in a photo. 





Found a Blue Moon bottle which featured the artwork of a Kansas Cityian who also happens to be a good friends cousin. 

Pictures from Aunt Jess with their Saturday adventures 






The cars made it in the garage 

No comments: