Tuesday 12 May 2015

A Week in Review (May 3-9)

A Week in Review (May 3-9)

Watched: Some Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's at the suggestion of several of the gals in my book club. Nick definitely didn't like it and I am not sure that I get it yet. I am reserving judgement until I finish the season. I wonder if it's not one of those shows that you have to watch several times to really get into.  

Read: I got most of the way through Dead and Gone, the ninth book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I enjoy the books, but they are nothing but fluff. Next up on my list is going to be The Hypnotist's Love Story.

Listened: To the parents in the stand give a giggle as Jack had more antics at catcher. He looks so stinking cute in the oversized equipment and then he does hilarious things like block the ball with his leg and call for pitches with some funky hand signals. Keep in mind, it's machine pitch!  I am glad he is willing to play catcher as most kiddos on his team aren't willing to try. 

Made: Our way to Sizzler finally. Since we've moved here, Nick has talked about eating there. It was one of those places he ate as a kid and wanted to try it as an adult. Everyone was pretty pleased with it. They had a ton of fresh fruit in their salad bar which I really loved. They also had some delicious ice cream. Jack was a huge fan and ate three small bowls. He was so proud of his work that he had to make a bowl all of my own to try. I really enjoyed it too. 

Felt: Lucky. Every year for Mother's Day, I have also taken a picture of Jack with irises as part of the gift for my mom. They definitely are not as popular in Utah as in Wichita, and I hadn't seen any I could use. I was googling it and found they had an iris show going this Saturday. There were a lot of neat hybrids. When we walked in, we were definitely the youngest people in the room. Everyone was very excited to share about their flowers though. So we did get a picture with some irises, albeit a bit unconventionally. 

Planned: On coming home while Jack was invited over to a friends house on Saturday afternoon. Instead, Nick suggested that we visit Pirate O's, a gourmet market, here in town. I wouldn't call a gourmet market, but more an important shop. It looks like it was built out of the desire to find things that people might have enjoyed while on their LDS mission. I was so excited to see that they had candy and bubble gum cigarettes. These were some of my favorite candy growing up. Jack loved him.  I had him put one in his mouth like he was smoking just for giggles. The rest he just munched down and enjoyed their wintergreen flavor.  They had a lot of odd bacon flavored things too.  It was a fun time to browse the isles but I can't see going back very often. 

Loved: Collecting the box tops for Jack's school and clipping, counting, and sorting them. It was such a great time. I hope that his next school doesn't have anyone signed up because then I will totally take it on. I'm not sure why I like it so much, but I really do think it is a great time. 

Here are the pics for the week:



Doesn't this just look so delicious ;)










Preparing my ice cream for me. 


No comments: