Tuesday 5 May 2015

A Week in Review (April 26-May 2)

A Week in Review (April 26-May 2)

Watched:  Jack have two more fun baseball games. Nick was able to make it home in enough time to travel with us so that he and Jack could warm up. Jack also had a special visitor come and watch him.  Our neighbors were looking to kill some time and decided to come cheer him on. It made his night. 


Read: I finished up Vanishing GirlsI'm a fan of Lauren Oliver's writing and this was no exception. I was a bit surprised by the ending, which makes me want to reread the book knowing it. Sadly, there are too many books for me to read, so I doubt I will ever take the time to do it. If you are looking for a quick summer YA read, I would recommend picking this up.  I also quickly read The Girl on the Train so that I could discuss it with my book club on Saturday. If you need a "Gone Girl" like fix, this book is for you. It reads very quickly. None of the characters are good people, so it is harder to feel empathy for them. I thought that the twist was rather obvious throughout the entire book, so it didn't surprise me how it ended. Overall, I would give it 3.5 stars.  Next, I started At The Water's Edge. It didn't grab me and is due back at the library so I put in back in my TBR shelf. I will probably pick up a Sookie Stackhouse book next. 

Listened:  To Nick feel horribly sick on Friday. He had something just settle in chest and with the little sleep that he gets, it took him out pretty hard. A couple sets of Chicken Noodle Soup and a good 14 hour sleep and he was feeling much better. 

Made: Three doors for teacher appreciation week at Jack's school. The theme was Bees. I think they all turned out pretty cute. It was fun to see all the different ideas that people came up with for celebrating the staff. 

Felt: Glad that Jack had a smooth time at the dentist. He should be losing four teeth anytime soon and it doesn't look like we will see him toothless for very long. When we got done with the appointment, we heard an ice cream man playing at the park across the street. We hurried over for a treat, but he took off as soon as we got there. We followed him to another park across town. We had a good time playing at the park too. 

Planned: On having a full Friday finishing up the doors, cleaning the house, running errands, but I had to cram all that in because I was called into Emergency sub for a third grade teacher at Crescent. I was a bit bummed because I learned that they spend approximately 90 minutes on Friday, watching a movie.  Id rather see that be recess time. Any who, they were behaved pretty well and I had fun doing their small groups with them. 

Loved: Sharing stories and wine with my book club. It had been several months since I had been and it was nice to catch up with everyone. The hostesses house was up on top of the shelf and it provides beautiful views.

Here are the pics for the week:









No comments: