Tuesday 13 January 2015

A Week in Review (January 4-10)

A Week in Review (January 4-10)

Watched:  10 Things I Hate About You. I had never seen it before, but  I thought that it was a pretty decent flick. I liked watching Heath Ledger and getting taken back to my youth.

Read:  I am in one of those more books to read than I have time for modes!  I have figured if I want to stay on goal I need to read 65 or more pages a night.  I have been having a hard time committing to reading that much every night.  The books on tap are The Evolution of Mara Dyer, The Maze Runner, and Mortal Heart.  I also have Love, Rosie waiting for me to pick up from the library, but I think I will put off picking up as long as I can.

Listened: To Nick's report on his day of being a Watch DOG.  He seemed to have a better experience here than last year, so I am thankful for that.  He got to listen to Jack's classmates read their baggie books.  He also listened to readers in older grades and played math games with some students needing practice.  He also got to spend a lot of time on playground too.  Jack enjoyed having his dad at school too.

Made: My first thing with my new KitchenAid mixer.  I am giving a talk for career day at Jack's school and so I thought that I would take in Play-do as part of my presentation.  I figure every kid likes playing with it for a while and it will be an excellent talking point about how many things you can teach while using play-do.  I loved being able to just pour the ingredients and let the mixer do all the work.  So much nicer on the hands.  I think I am going to love using my mixer for all sorts of a good things.

Felt:  Lonely.  We spent the last two weeks surrounded by so many wonderful people.  I knew that Nick was going to have to pay a price for being out of the office for as long as he was.  I didn't get to fall asleep with at all during the work week.  He put in ridiculously long hours.  It is hard to believe that design work could really take so much effort from so many people, but it is amazing.  I hope we start to get some relief.  He even had to put more hours in on the weekend than normal.  Therefore, things were just a bit off with us.  Our usual play date still had company in town, so we didn't have a chance to catch up either.

Planned: On Jack having a small Minecraft party.  We only have had one RSVP so I am bit a nervous.  We will hope that we get a series of replies soon.  It will be different to have a small party for the boy.

Loved: Being able to go sledding with Jack in 40 degree weather.  I knew that the snow wouldn't last much longer so I made sure that we made it out Monday after school.  We had a lot of fun.  I decided to take a video and just happened to wreck into at the same time.  You can see it, and get a good laugh, HERE.

Here are the pics for the week:

My new frames

Photo bombed by my kiddo

Sledding in 40 degree weather!

Jack and Nick on Watch DOG morning

Jack wrapped himself in the blanket like this.  Nick and I took it as an opportunity to explain that in some cultures women have to dress in a similar fashion.  He found it almost inconceivable.  Guess it is pretty hard to wrap your almost 7 year old head around such a concept.  


No comments: