Tuesday 16 September 2014

A Week in Review (September 7-13)

A Week in Review (September 7-13)

Watched: Dolphin Tale 2 at the drive in. Jack has been wanting to see this movie since the previews for it were on the Lego Movie. We decided to try our local drive in. There were lots of screaming and/or crying kids. I was surprised the other adults weren't better about keeping them quiet. The movie was pretty similar to it's predecessor. I keep waiting for Jack to try to hit us up to go see Winter and Hope. 


Read: Sunday morning, I finished up A Man Called OveCharming book about a grumpy old man whose principles take him off his original course to something much more wonderful. A good lesson in appreciating people for who they are.  Next, I started on Big Little Lies.  It is a big book at 480 pages, but I find myself relating to the characters as they are all mothers of Kindergartners. 

Listened: To a lot more of my book From Dead to Worse. I have been surprised at how quickly I have been able to get through it. I should have a whole review in next week's blog. 

Made: A little painting project for our master bath. It is clearly designed with me in mind. I wanted to do a little something more with the word you, but I felt I would ruin it by going overboard. It was fun to do something a little different with time.

Felt: Frustrated with Jack's football team   It had been a rainy day, but the cancelled practice even though the sun had came out.  They do feel a lot different about moisture than the average person in Kansas. The boys he had two games and only one short practice. I try to remind myself that he's only in first grade and he's having fun, but my competitive side is annoyed.

Planned: Another week of meals for our family. It probably doesn't seem like much, but we went from a family that ate out at least 50% of the time to one that eats at home 95%, it is quite change. It took Jack some time to realize that he wasn't going to love every meal, but he had to eat at some of each meal without complaint. We found that he loves teriyaki tofu a side to almost any meal.

Loved: Finally getting to volunteer in Jack's room. Even though I did a lot of questions, I felt that I did some helpful work for his teacher.  She was away at training so I got to hear a lot of the student teacher and I think she is quite ready for her own room. :)

Here are the pics for the week. Not very many since our week was pretty routine. 

The storm that brought us the rain on Tuesday. Kinda cool, eh?


My master bath project 



Waiting for the movie to start



No comments: