Sunday 13 July 2014

A Week in Review (June 29-July 5)

A Week in Review (June 29-July 5)

Watched:  Valerie and Angel walk out to a ton of bubbles.  I wasn't watching them do the drive away as I knew they would be back and that's apparently when I missed the good show. I heard someone scream and when I looked back, all I saw was Valerie's pink shoes and petticoat. Apparently when the Best Man gunned it, there was no where for her to hold on too. Luckily Angel grabbed her and nothing bad happened. She told me she thought she was going to be on Dr Phil's Wedding Disasters.

Read: It was a slow reading week as I went to bed most nights drop dead tired.  However, I did make a little progress on The Midwife's Confession.  It is my second novel by Diane Chamberlain and her take on different topics is interesting.

Listened: To drama, outside of the bride and groom, unfold at the reception. But that's not a proper story for a blog, but it was definitely the most memorable thing I listened to all week. 

Made: The bride feel less stress, according to her. My SIL Rachel and I worked together to decorate the reception hall, figure out how the bar area should look, helped get her dressed, and were the generals in charge of her pictures. It was a lot of work, but it ended with a happy bride and groom and so that's what matters. 

Felt: So glad to be picking up Nick from the airport. My to-do list has grown quite lengthy for him. I feel bad for him because he has Jack who just wants him to play, me who wants him to complete this monster checklist and his work who needs him to keep leading this project. 

Planned: To watch from fireworks from our hotel on the river, but apparently they shot them off 2 days earlier. So we loaded up the cars and traveled to Haysville and watched them there instead. It worked out well as there was plenty of space for all of us and we were treated to several mini shows in the area. 

Loved: Taking my nephews to the fireworks stand with Jack. I told them they could each spend around $10.  It was so fun watching them run around deciding how to best spend their money. Nick and I had fun going crazy too. We got way too many fireworks, but had enough to last for two nights of shooting them off.  I tried to take pictures, but they turned out badly. Oh well!

Here are the pics for the week:

The bride to be with her security at her rehearsal. 


Jack and I killed some time at the rehearsal dinner taking some selfies. This one was my favorite. The boys also asked me to take their photo in a couple outdoor locations they had chosen. I thought they turned out cute. 







Jack and Macie waiting for the elevator at the hotel. 


I love this great picture Aunt Debbie snapped of the three of us. 


There was a fountain outside of Valerie's reception hall. This is what I meant for it to look like. What it ended up looking like was four boys in tshirts and undies cooling off and letting of steam. I just had to keep reminding myself they weren't hurting anyone. 

The boy and his aunt at the end of the night. 



No comments: