Wednesday 2 October 2013

A Week in Review (September 29-October 5)

A Week in Review (September 29-October 5)

Watched: Now You See Me with Nick. It was an excellent movie. Well worth your time. It kept me guessing what was going to happen. 

Read:  I finished up Seduction and Snacks(Chocolate Lovers, #1).   was hoping this would be my next Fifty Shades of Grey, but it fell short. A vulgar 4 year old, his 20 something mother, and her inexplicably rich baby daddy make up the main characters here. It also includes the outlandish best friends and other over the top characters. I think that is what bothered me the most about the book is that everything was too extreme. The romance too sappy, the friend too immature, the kid too vulgar. Not one I'd recommend.  Next I began Secret Daughter, which is this month's book club read.

Listened: To myself become a sneezing fool. What I thought was allergies in Jack was actually a cold. He ended up quite stuffy, but mine has been flowing like a mad man. Fun stuff!  I hope I can kick it quicker than he has been able too.

Made: Jack stop playing his iPod so that he could pay attention to the Notre Dame v ASU game. He and his Aunt Valerie had a dollar on the game and they were having fun talking about via text. Not 15 seconds after, he went straight to zoned out sleeping. 

Felt: Excited that a Neighborhood Market opened close to the house. I did my first grocery shopping trip there on Thursday. It's organized nicely and was empty when I went there too. I even had a cashier help me find an item!  am glad that I will be able to make a quick trip to the store and not have to pay the higher prices found at Price Chopper. 

Planned: To be super busy next week. I will go on Jack's field trip to the Fire Station with him, volunteer in his room on Career Day, and so the single mom thing while Nick enjoys a guys weekend. 

Loved: The first quarter of the TTU vs KU. The Jayhawks played so well and the weather was perfect. The rest of the game was ugly and tedious, but at least we had a glimmer of greatness. :) Hopefully they can focus on that and not on the stuff that followed. 

Here are the pics for the week:

Jack, the cousins, and Grandma Denise went to Exploration Place on Sunday while we watched the Chiefs game. They were so excited to show us everything that they took us in once we got there. I thought this structure was fun and it reminded me of my friend Shane, so I had to snap a photo for him. 




Jack thought it was too funny that he could make himsd have "girl" hair in the play place at Chick-fil-a. We had to snap a picture to preserve the moment. 

Jack has a family project due for school and we thought that it might be fun to snap some photos during the KU game to use on the board. Jack and I are in disagreement about which one to use for the board. I like 1 better, while he prefers 2. 

1

2

And here he is, passed out sitting up after our busy week. 


No comments: