Monday 5 August 2013

Week in Review (July 28-Aug 3)

Week in Review (July 28-Aug 3)

Watched: 4 bands play at Buzz Under the Stars, Night 2.  The first three bands were horrible sounding.  The balance between the vocals and the instruments were really far off. They seem to have fixed it for The Killers, which is the real reason why we went.  The show was totally awesome!  They had an amazing laser show. It is one of the coolest things Nick and I have ever seen. They also sang I Think We're Alone Now. Talk about zapping me back to my youth. I was quite enthusiastic and Nick decided to take a video. You can see it HERE

Read:  I didn't finish up anything this week. I did start 
Children of the Jacaranda Tree and it is going to be some intense reading. I can't read to much of it one sitting or it brings me down. 

Listened: To Nick state a pretty funny truth to Jack. I mentioned I had a mosquito bite and Jack asked if it was bleeding (I had a scab come loose the previous day that had made one bleed). Before I could answer, Nick pops up and says "Not yet. But it will be!"  I guess he knows me pretty well. 

Made: A huge to-do list for Nick and I to check off as we prepare for his surgery.  Since he is our Mr Fix-It, we tried to think of things that would be better done before surgery than after it. 

Felt:  Thankful that Nick's family is in the area and is willing to help us out with Jack.  They have agreed to take him for 10 days so that we can check off that to-do list without going insane.  I know that 10 days is a long time for everyone and I am extremely grateful to them. 

Planned: On getting back to work soon, but it has hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldn't believe how much stuff I needed to get done. I went to work in the office, while Jack had a blast at The Fun in the Sun camp.  Since Jack was in Wichita, I went back for 2 nine hour days and I feel much more comfortable. I still have a big list, but is stuff that I can conquer from home. 

Loved: Finding a new doggy door at The Habitat for Humanity restore. We got one years ago at a garage sale and it wasn't ever in very good shape. However, it was so convenient that we just made do. After visitng the Overland Park Farmer's Market, I told Nick I had always wanted to stop in and see what it was like in there. My overall impression is that thugs were very overpriced, but we stumbled upon a new dog door that was in excellent condition and priced right!  We brought it home and I love the way it looks!  It almost makes me wish that I had bought a full price one years ago!

Here are the pics for the week:  

A pic of me and my sweetie as listened to the screeching of the opening acts before The Killers. 




Me in front of the stage with some of the lasers and smoke going. 



No comments: