Sunday 11 August 2013

Week in Review (August 4-10)

Week in Review (August 4-10)

Watched: A lot of Breaking Bad.  Nick picked up this show when he first got injured and we were out of town.  Since he has been laid up, I have been watching it with him.  We have gotten totally caught up and are looking forward to the new episodes which begin Sunday night.

Read:  Finished up 
The Lightning Thief. Maybe I just heard too much hype surrounding this story before I read it. I did think it was a good read and would be a good recommendation for a young adult struggling to find something to read. I am sure that I will complete the rest of the series, but I don't have a burning desire to rush right out and do that. I also began Fly Away.  I am enjoying it and have a feeling I will be wrapping it up in the coming week.

Listened:  To the doctor give me a good report on Nick's surgery.  He said that he felt the repair was made easily and he was able to clean up the damage to the other area as well.

Made: A fun little welcome present for my students. Since I am also in charge of getting things together for the office, I won't be in the rooms for my students to meet me. Hopefully, they will each come say hello and get this fun treat for me. 

Felt: Thankful for all the wonderful support we received this week.  Nick's Aunt Debbie and Uncle Kevin came and brought us Oklahoma Joe's and some movies.  We also had several people check on us and offer help.  It means the world to us to know we have so many people who care.

Planned: All Nick's physical therapy sessions. We aren't sure when he will be able to drive so it was hard to get times that worked for in everyone's schedule. Glad that's done for now!

Loved: Nick getting out his femeral nerve block out. It was such a huge hassle to deal with. He was much happier when he could actually bear a little weight on his leg.  He also was sick of carrying the bag around too. I think it was worth it, but glad that portion of the event is over.

Here are the pics for the week:

Jack and his cousins fast asleep. Aren't they so cute?!?



Nick and his sexy shaved leg!  I won't post the after pics. They are a bit gruesome!


My view for most of the week



My Krazy glad creation



Loved coming home to this fun sign in the yard. What a great way to build the school/home relationship.



No comments: