Sunday 14 July 2013

Week in Review (July 7-July 13)

Week in Review (July 7-July 13)

Watched: Despicable Me 2 at the Boulevard Drive-in. I haven't been to a drive-in since Toy Story was playing in theaters, so it's been a while. We chose the Boulevard because it was the closest to home. The gates open at 7 and the movie doesn't start until 9:10. It is my recommendation, at least for a Saturday night, you arrive early as you can. We arrived at 7:17 and got one of the last spots of first row, which I would also recommend getting. They have the only 4K digital projector going at any drive-in, national wide, which is cool, but didn't change the overall experience for me. They do have an awesome play area that was populated by a ton of kids so the wait before the movie was enjoyable for the kids and allowed them to get a lot of energy out before the movie started. The people beside us brought an air mattress and Jack was jealous. I think I will take one when we go again. The movie was cute, but nothing I would write home about. The minions got a much bigger part and they were popular with the kids. We also stayed for about 30 minutes of The Lone Ranger and it really looked like Pirates of the Caribbean done Cowboy and Indian style to me. 

Read: I finished up Zero at the Bone: The Playboy, the Prostitute, and the Murder of Bobby Greenlease.  I usually reserve 1 star reviews for books that I can't finish. And while I did complete this book, it was only for a reading challenge. The writing was redundant and disjointed. The best thing about this book was the title. I wouldn't waste your time, even if you are from KC and think it would be more interesting because of that.   I also kept working on Beautiful Ruins.  Still really enjoying it.

Listened: To Jack say the most hilarious thing the other day. He said "I learned something about girls today."  And so I "Oh yeah, what?"  And he says "You can't see girls ears because they have long hair." So I say, "You just realized this?"  He looks at me incredulously and goes "Yes"

Made: A crutch bag for Nick.  He was frustrated not being able to carry anything for himself and so when it became apparent that we were going to be doing this for a while, we decided to come up with something. They had several options online, but neither Walgreens nor the medical supply store had anything, so we had to rig something up.  I ended up finding a nice plastic coated gift bag at Michaels.  We cut the handles and punctured them with an ice pick so that we could thread it through the screw that holds that hand grip on. It's not the most beautiful thing, but it serves its purpose quite well. 


Felt: Grateful for all the people who have given us support and words of encouragement during Nick's knee ordeal. It has been nice knowing that everyone is rooting for him to make a speedy recovery.

Planned: On knowing a date for Nick's surgery, but was told that he needed to give his knee time to heal from the original trauma before adding more trauma to it with surgery. They claim this will shorten the overall process. I sure hope that they know what they are talking about. 

Loved: Watching Jack at his Jedi camp performance. He was able to stay all day this year and he really enjoyed it. It did take him a while to get into the groove, especially at lunch time, but once he did, he really rocked it.  He was supposed to have an epic battle, but the stage pits got in the way.  At least his fall looks pretty epic.  HERE is a link to the video.  Sorry that it is inverted wrong, I just took a quick video from my iphone so that I could show it off.  

Here are the pics for the week:

Jack dressed up for Jedi day at camp. He won best costume and got something for free from the snack bar. 


Here is his day of performance. I asked him to give me his best Jedi look and this is what I got. He said it was because Tuscan raiders where after him. 


After the performance, he combined all his lightsabers to make a "supersabsr"


Here is a picture of the crutch bag, just in case you ever need to have a quick idea. 


The last two are from the playground area of the drive-in. 



No comments: