Monday 8 April 2013

A Week in Review (March 30-April 6)


A Week in Review (March 30-April 6)

Watched: A ton of TV shows to try and clean up my DVR. I didn't win the war, but I did win a few battles. It did really leave me wondering how my television watching friends manage to do it. TV is always the thing that I bump to the back burner and probably would have a bigger back log if not for filling up my DVR! Luckily, I don't have to share it with Nick, just Jack's love of whatever movie at the time. Currently, we have 4 Batman movies on there.


Read: Last week, I finished up The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun. While I did enjoy parts of the book, I feel it would be best read one month at a time. The book is broke up into monthly sections, and it would read well if you could read one section a month. One of my favorite quotes from the book is actually a quote she found from someone else: "There are times in the lives of most of us," observed William Edward Hartpole Lecky, "when we would have given all the world to be as we were yesterday, though that yesterday had passed over us unappreciated and unenjoyed." I also started The Light Between Oceans. It is very absorbing (and due back at the library on the 10th), so I know I will have a review for you next week.

Listened: To complete my A to Z author challenge, I started Die for You by Lisa Unger. It's a decent story overall. I am excited to see where it takes me. I don't get a whole lot of listening time during the average week, so it takes me a while to get a book completed.


MadeOut like a bandit for my birthday. My sweet hubby decided that I needed the iPhone 5. LTE is considerably faster than even my home Internet. I was surprised by that, but a speed test verified it. Crazy, huh?  I still use my WiFi so that I don't go over my limited data. It's 2 gigs, but still....  I also got a new lifeproof car and it's a pretty tealish blue.  He even took the time to set it up and transfer my files so that I could just enjoy it without the work!

Felt: Proud of Jack as he completed his very drawn out swimming lessons. He does a very deep bob and will dive in the water, but he just can't seem to master the art of the float. Nick says that he still can't float either, which would contribute to why he doesn't like water. I'm enrolling Jack in some different swim lessons this summer. We will see if a different pair of instructors can help him understand this concept better.

PlannedWe are in the throws of planning a vacation. Jack has asked to see the ocean. Since Nick hates to fly and the prices of tickets are so crazy, we are trying to figure where we can go. I am think that maybe a white sand beach would satisfy him, but it wouldn't be the same. Have you ever done an ocean trip from the Midwest?  If so, where have you gone?

Loved: The start of garage sale season! I love seeing what great buys that I can find out there. I think my favorite buy was these giant tinker toy like building set. You can make a very larger structure out of them. While Jack had a good time with them, it's the students in my classroom that I will love them. I'm excited to see what they create.

Here are the pics for the week: Two Easter Egg hunt pics, Jack waiting to jump at his swimming lessons, a pic of Nick taken by Jack, and a night shot from my new iPhone.









No comments: