Sunday 7 August 2011

Dusting off my blogging shoes....

Thanks for my good friend Andrea for introducing me to Cozi. It is a website and iPhone app that both rock. My favorite thing is the journal tab which allows me to jot moments down wherever I am at. They get to be quick little snippets that I might otherwise forget to share with you. So maybe this blog will get some more frequent use again. It'd been almost 2 years since I posted!!! So here is what I've written this week
-----------
I started feeling horrible again today. I knew I wanted to take back the nativity pieces to the church so I could get the horrible squeaky noise to stop! We met Trish and Kendall up there and I scheduled my appointment with Dr Lindsay on the way to meet them. Trish was kind enough to offer to take Jack to Chickfila so that I could go alone. It was great because I was just able to focus on getting my head to quit throbbing. What a blessing she was. We stopped for gas on the way home, even though there is an Ozone alert. Good thing as I put 14.7 gallons into my 15 gallon tank! Apparently playing with Kendall exhausted him as he fell asleep on the way home and would not wake up for anything. Hope he goes down at a decent time because we have a 9am playdate tomorrow.

Monday, August 1st



Story Photo
I can't say that I've ever seen my car read that hot before. It's been a hot, hot summer!

Tuesday, August 2nd




Story Photo
Jack and I created our own bowling alley for something fun to do in the heat. Luckily, I was always the score keeper in the days before automatic scoring. We had a ton of good number practice talking about his score and such. When I made him pose for the picture he made me tape the score sheet to him because it was his "record".

Tuesday, August 2nd



Story Photo
Is it possible to have killer gold fish? Do you see that small portion of skin floating in the bottom right of tank? Jack and I believe his goldfish killed one of his snails. We will be waiting for me evidence to surface. If I remember, I will let you know.

Friday, August 5th




Story Photo
It's all a teachable moment. While Jack was using his bathroom products (yes, those include chapstick and cologne) he started talking about which was bigger. So we decided to line up his products from littlest to biggest. He did a great job and really enjoyed the activity. Too funny!

Friday, August 5th




Story Photo
"It's a stomper!"--Jack
That's right, my boy sees Star Wars everywhere! He proceeded to tell us how we escaped them with Daddy's piloting skills while he was using the force.


Saturday, August 6th




Listening to Jack play at bath time was hilarious. It's the one place that he is perfectly content to play by himself. For a while he was having Batman fight Star Wars characters. Then he started reciting movie lines. Finally, he started using words that he does when he plays with his friends.

Sunday, August 7th


Story Photo
All three of us were in the water, quite a ways from the boat, when the wind started. Luckily Nick was holding on to the float that we had tied to a rope on the boat, so we could pull ourselves in we got tired. All of a sudden he shouted that the boat was taking him skiing. Before we knew what was happening there were white caps on the water and there was no way Jack and I were making it on the boat. So we sat there and I tried to keep calm, so we pretend we were Jedi's slicing through the waves. Nick made it in the boat and drove to get us in. The waves kept crashing over our boat and it felt like the scene in Forrest Gump. We smacked a tree that was hidden in the waves and broke a piece of the engine. Luckily, it didn't effect the boat or steering. The dock was crazy full of people trying to get off the lake and so I dropped the boys off at the marina, so they could go get the truck and save us a spot in line. Luckily Jack got out of the boat because the lightening began to crack and it was one of the loudest things I have ever heard! Then the rain started coming down and it kind of hurt with the wind. It was finally our turn and it felt like people kept cutting me off. I was surprised I was able to make it back to the dock (I am not the best boat driver in ideal conditions). The wind made it next to impossible to trailer the boat so I had to hop in water and help Nick drag it on. As we were pulling it out, he hit a slick spot and I had to help push him up in the ramp. Nothing else to exciting happened after that. Just just two drenched people trying how to figure out to dry ourselves off with wet towels.

Sunday, August 7th

No comments: