Tuesday 3 April 2018

A Week in Review (March 25-31)

A Week in Review (March 25-31)

Watched: The Greatest Showman during one of the dive-in movies on the cruise.  It is an mesmerizing film.  I am not sure how close to accurate it is, but it does tell a fun show.  It is amazing how one man's drive and love for the spotlight created such a world wide phenomena.  If you haven't watched it, I would definitely recommend it.  Everyone in our family enjoyed it, including Nick who isn't a huge fan of musicals.

Read:  I started on As Bright As Heaven.  It is by an author I have read a couple other times.  It covered a family from around late 1915 to 1930s.  It talked a lot about the Spanish Influenza that wiped out a large amount of the population.  Since I read it all while we were on the cruise, I wasn't able to google as much I could have to see how much of the story was based on fact.  I did enjoy the story although the coincidences that would have to happen to make it all work seemed pretty far fetched.  Next I started on Hunted.  It is a twist on Beauty and the Beast.  I would like to get finished this next week so that I can do a buddy read with my girlfriend.  I also have my bookclub book that I will need to get to.

Listened:  To some not-so-great singers on the cruise. We tried a couple different shows and didn't really enjoy either one of them.  Most of the time it just sounded like they were trying way too hard.  I do have to give them credit for being in phenomenal shape because they were able to sing and dance without running out of breath.

Made:

Felt:

Planned:

Loved:

Here are the pics for the week:























































No comments: