Monday 23 April 2018

A Week in Review (April 15-21)

A Week in Review (April 15-21)

Watched: Final Episode of Grace and Frankie.  I have now committed myself to watching the entire thing and I can definitely say that I do not find it as funny as so many other people do.  While it works for something to kill your time with that doesn't need full concentration, I wouldn't recommend it to others looking for something.  I am sure I will watch the next season when it comes out, but I'm not sitting over here on pins and needles waiting for it to come out.

Read: I wrapped up Hunted.  This book was hard for me to get into and then I had to pause it so that I could read a couple other books that had deadlines to them. However, once I began again I found myself enjoying it. I was a bit worried that in this retelling Beauty wasn’t going to find a giant library. I was glad when she did because that was always one of my favorite parts of the movie. If you like retellings of fairy tales, I think you’d enjoy this story.  I am pretty close to finishing The Breakdown.  It's another unreliable narrator story and I think I have pretty well figured out.

Listened: To a bunch of excuses from the teachers who were supposed to have the yearbook pages to me and from the one teacher on the the inside who decided she wanted this layout.  She assured me that if the teachers didn't get them in that she would make sure went around to rooms and took them.  Sadly, she wasn't able to hold up her end of the deal and wanted to just leave the pages blank.  I can't do that to those classes.  So I will go in Monday morning (and probably the rest of the day too) to get them all.  I am glad that I really like what they add to the yearbook or I would be really frustrated instead of annoyed at the whole thing.

Made: Last yearbook layouts that I am responsible for.  I think we put a lot more candids into this years book and I hope people love it just as much as they did last year.  We have fewer orders this year which is frustrating.  I remember how we sold out last year and so I am trying to decide if it's worth it to buy extra and sell them at a higher price.  I have crunched some numbers and I will present my findings to the rest of the board before placing the final order on Monday.  It's hard to think after Monday evening, it will all be over besides the delivery and final sales.

Felt:  Surprised by people at talent show.  I am not sure if I mentioned it before but I am in charge of the talent show from the PTA side.  The first round of auditions was Wednesday. Jack did his act for the judges and I thought it went very well for him, but there were a lot of talent acts that performed.  I am hoping his being a magic act and not another singing and dancing act will help boost him up.  I also think that points should be deducted from people who didn't come prepared.  Like one girl was singing the cup songs, but didn't bring any cups!  Another was singing the states and asked me if I had large map of the US and a pointer.  So many people that we were signing or dancing didn't bring any music at all.  I was kind of blown away since it told you to come prepared for your act with your music on a CD preferably over a phone.  I thought I was being nice bringing my portable speaker for them to have the option of having it on their own phone.  However for at least 7 acts, I had to provide the music.  Thank goodness Jack had a WiFi password and let me on.  He will be at Landsharks for the one next Thursday, so I will have to him sign me in before he goes out.

Planned: On Mom coming down to watch Jack play some football but the forecast looked awful for snow.  It went from 2-4" of snow one day, then 3-5" the next day, and then 5-8" the next day, back down to 3-5", and then settled on 1-3".  While we all wanted to see her, we wanted her to be able to see Jack play football too, so we rescheduled for the first weekend in May.  The game did up getting cancelled.  I am sure it will be another middle of the week game which is a huge bummer for Nick since it is very hard for him to make those since he is needed in KC most weeks.

Loved: Eating at the Melting Pot during their endless fondue night for my late birthday celebration.  The food is amazing but what I like better is how it is just a time to kick back and chill with the people you love.  We had two and half hours of uninterrupted time from calls or texts.  We came home and ended our night with some echo button games that work with the Alexa that Jack picked me out for my birthday.  You have to buy additional components to be able to play them, but they have fun games like Trivial Pursuit.  It can't seem to recognize Nick's voice very well and he gets slightly frustrated with it, but overall I think he has a good time. He more enjoys the game Horse Race where you have to just push the button.

Here are the pics for the week:

Not many fun pics.  One of him sleeping with his book.  As an avid reader, I really appreciate this one.


My first Book of the Month came.  I have got a couple in front of it, but I am excited to get it started soon.



No comments: