Wednesday 11 April 2018

A Week in Review (April 1-7)

A Week in Review (April 1-7)

Watched:  A couple more Grace and Frankie shows. It came highly recommend when I requested TV shows to watch.  I don't love it, but it does pass the time when I am looking to just zone out for a little while. It's funny how I find myself such a mix between the two ladies.  I am probably more of Grace than a Frankie.  So often when I am watching the show, I think of the movie Big Business.  I'm quite certain that is my favorite Lily Tomlin movie.  I will keep watching the series, but won't be super sad when I am caught up.

Read: I kept on working on Hunted, but it was moving pretty slow.  I went ahead and left it paused while I started The Alice Network for a buddy read with my friend.  I hope to finish it up early next week since book club is the 15th and I haven't even started on that book yet!  Luckily my friend is a fast reader and she will push me to keep going so that I can discuss the book with her.

Listened: To Jack be so thrilled that the Easter Bunny bought him a Final Four edition basketball in his youth size.  I think he thinks they actually used it during the Final Four and who I am to tell him that they didn't.  I have no idea what tricks that Easter Bunny has up his sleeve.  He hid our eggs extra hard this year.  (Thanks to our good friends for taking time out of the Spring Break so that we could come back to a fun egg hunt.  It really surprised Jack!)

Made: Myself get back into cooking.  It is really hard to get back into the swing of things after having people take care of everything for you on the cruise.  It's easy to forget how much work goes into the everyday.  I let things slide for most of the week, but by Thursday, we had started to develop our groove again.  I even had to write my lesson plans for April because I hadn't done that before I left.  At least I got them in before I had to teach them.

Felt: Really cold after Jack's Friday practice.  Monday's practice was practically perfect and Wednesday's practice was pretty close but the breeze got a bit chilly.  Friday was bone-chilling cold though.  It had a gross drizzle that came down and the temperatures were below freezing.  I took a picture for Nick at a stop light half way home from practice to show the ice on the windshield.  The kids didn't love, but it seemed necessary as Saturday was predicted to be just as cold.  Surprisingly, they called the game for icy conditions and let the chess tournament still go on.  This means that Jack didn't have to end up missing a game of football after all.  He cried happy tears when he found out that news.

Planned: The layout of several more yearbook pages.  Even though I was wanting to avoid the "real world", there is a deadline for the yearbook that can't be moved.  Things are going pretty well with it. I just have a couple of pages that I still need to get up to the school and take pictures for.  It's much easier working on it for the second year in a row and having the support of a staff member makes a big difference.

Loved: That Prairie Hills got second in the ASD20 Chess Tournament.  We were hoping to knock off the long standing winners, but they got us by six points.  Jack was disappointed with himself getting 8 out of 30th.  He knows that he let a kid get him off his game in the last match and I think that it had him more frustrated than anything else.  We had an awesome team full of lots of fun people out to support each other.  I really enjoyed helping with the chess tournament and hope to continue with it next year.

Here are the pics for the week:

Look at this action shot with his new ball!


What a farmer's tan!













No comments: