Wednesday 5 July 2017

A Week in Review (June 25-July 1)

A Week in Review (June 25-July 1)

Watched: Them draw three vials of blood for a physical.  It's been years since I have gotten a physical, but I decided to go a friend rather than a Walgreens for my well check for work.  I had to get a tetanus/whooping cough shot.  It wasn't painful that day, but I woke up feeling like my arm was dead.  Wowzers!  Glad you only have to go through that every 10 years.

Read: I finished up Beartown.  Not my favorite book by Backman, but one that will leave me thinking for quite some time. Some people will tell you this is a book about hockey. It's so much deeper than that. It's about small town life, parenting, friendship, societal issues, and competitive sports. I would recommend to anyone as it is an above average book. Some may notice that it took me longer to read than my normal four star book. This is due in large part to being summer and not because of the quality of writing.  Next I started Everything, Everything. It seems to be a fairly easy read and I think I will be able to finish it up next week. 

Listened: Giggles from Katie all day during our trip to Elitch's. We had to use our Bring-a-Friend passes and so she came along. Instead of screaming on rides, she giggles and it's hilarious.  We spent a few hours in the amusement park, waited out a rain shower during our lunch in the parking lot, spent a couple hours in the water park, and then closed the park down back out in the amusement park.  We are so lucky that she came into our lives.  She brings a ton of joy to it!

Made: A quick drive to Canon City to see the campsite that Lee and Denise have found and to see their new camper.  They had a basketball hoop so Jack was happy to shoot hoops on it.  He found another kiddo to play with and even got a game going with Lee and Nick.  They cooked us up a nice dinner that included Denise's yummy potato salad.  At the end of the night, we drove into the Canon City's downtown and visited a cute little park that was right along the Arkansas river.  Jack was still in the mood for games and so we played adults vs Jack at Tic-Tac-Toe.  Jack won three of the games, but Papa Lee got him to a stale mate.  It was the best we could do!  

Felt: Thankful for the bonus week that kept Nick home even though he should have been in Utah.  Luckily, one of this clients needed him here for a public meeting and so he had to reschedule his trip. It let us spend more time together before he leaves for the month in Utah.  Neither Nick nor I are looking forward to his absence.  It will be interesting to see how we fill our time.  I am sure it will be busy, as always.

Planned: All the things I would take for the trip to my mom's and just kind of laughed at myself.  I definitely pack more for a four day trip to her place than I do going for a week most other places.  Somethings are things I am taking to her because I can get them so much cheaper here, other things are things we enjoy playing together, and yet others are because I want to make sure I am prepared for most scenarios.  I am so glad that we live close enough to have under a six hour drive between door steps!

Loved:  All the time that we spent with my family.  I didn't get nearly enough sleep, but I spent a lot of time chatting with my brother and mother.  I got to spend time watching Jack kick butt at chess.  He loved having lots of different people to play.  We played some neighbor, did some swimming, played some corn hole, grilled out a lot, and played through a whole Mario Sports Mix basketball tournament.  I am excited that we still have two fun filled days to go!

Here are the pics for the week:







This is what he picked out to wear for the trip up.  Comfy and cozy on cool June day.




No comments: