Tuesday 18 July 2017

A Week in Review (July 9-14)

A Week in Review (July 9-14)

Watched: The LEGO Batman movie.  I didn't really like it like I did the regular Lego movie.  It just wasn't as funny to me.  Jack liked it well enough.  I made the funky photo to send to Nick while messing around with the filters on the Facebook app.

Read: I was able to finish up The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.  This book totally pulled me in. It's lengthy at almost 400 pages, but it just flew by. I felt like I was reading a People magazine that spanned the decades. However, it takes you deeper to look at the complex reasons that motivate peoples actions. I would highly recommend it!  Next, I began Columbine which was the book selected for my online book club.  I found this book a little disjointed and repetitive. However, I did enjoy getting to know all the accurate facts about the tragedy that occurred at Columbine. It's scary to think that boys with a typical high school experience could carry out such horrific acts with such calculation and excitement. While it's a non-fiction piece, the author still carries some pretty strong biases that come across in the narrative. It did make me interested in reading Sue Klebold's book.  Next, I started Dirty.  I found it as a recommendation from Audible.  I didn't get very far into, but it's pretty raunchy.  I am hoping a good story line develops out of it.  I decided I didn't like Dirty for bedtime and so I picked The Hike. I only read a couple chapters before I fell asleep and it is weird!  I found this book from the same list as Dirty. I'm really questioning those choices now. 

Listened: To a good chunk of the book, Columbine, on audiobook.  With Jack being gone large chunks of Sunday and Monday and trips to and from football camp, I had more time than normal to listen to a story.  The narrator did a great job of keeping you intrigued in the story.  I am glad that I had all the time because I think I have like four books to read in the next three weeks.  Not sure I will get it all done, but I will do my best!

Made: Menu list for Jack and I.  With the heat of summer and Nick not coming home, it's easy to just snack all day and not make real meals for Jack and I.  So I put together a long list of things that I thought would make decent two people dinners and went grocery shopping for them.  We will check off the list and once they are done, I think I will cook the same things again.  I got like 10 things on there, so I think that's pretty good.  I am sure we will also take a few fast food breaks while Nick is gone in Utah.

Felt: Thankful for my breaks from Motherhood.  Nick left Sunday morning for 11 days in Utah.  Shortly after Jack woke up, we headed to Canon City to have him stay the day with my in-laws.  They brought him back Monday around three, which gave me time to finally finish the picture project that I have been working on since we moved to Utah.  Tuesday and Wednesday there were short breaks for football camp.    Tuesday he spent the afternoon hanging out with his friend Landon.  Friday he was invited to spend the evening with a friend at his house.  It felt good to recharge with some alone time.  We both miss Nick like crazy.

Planned: Short PTA Meeting to get things in order so that we could request committee chairs of the positions that we needed.  However, we had a lot of discuss and before we knew it, 3 hours had passed and I had to cut the meeting short so that I could get Jack home to bed.  It didn't work out very well because he was still pretty amped and didn't fall asleep until almost 11.  However, we got a good bit of information discussed and I feel like this year is going to be amazing!

Loved: Pro Football Camp.  Jack really enjoyed getting to meet the players and hear their stories.  I loved that he got to hear about how people who actually made it to the NFL had been undrafted and overlooked.  There was a lot of stories about resilience and determination.  While I try to talk about those with Jack, I think him hearing it from people who he really idolizes was awesome.  One of the players, Anthony Trucks, also competed on this season of American Ninja Warrior.  He is the first NFL player to successfully complete the course.  We are looking forward to seeing how he does in the city finals.  Crossing our fingers that he makes it.

Here are the pics for the week:

A page from my album.  All the pictures had to be cut down, glued onto 4x6 cards, and then organized chronologically.  It's no wonder that I have put it off.  I am glad to say that they have all been scanned in and placed away for future looking at!


The night before camp all the players were available for autographs at local Bar and Grill.  A good friend took the pictures and texted them to me so I got to sit out on the patio chatting and avoid the crowds!








They also did day of camp signings.  These are two giant Giants lineman.


Jack and Anthony Trucks, the American Ninja Warrior




My hubby surprised me with these beautiful flowers.  Good to know that he misses me.  I sure do miss him too.






No comments: