Tuesday 25 April 2017

A Week in Review (April 16-22)

A Week in Review (April 16-22)

Watched: Candy Making during a Hammond's Candy factory tour.  It was pretty fascinating to watch them make lollipops by hand.  When they pulled the candy on the machine it was totally memorizing.  We finished up our tour purchasing several things out of their candy shop.  We didn't like the taffy because it tasted too much like the wax paper it was stored in.  The caramels were delicious.  The caramel marshmallow egg was intensely sweet.  Jack purchased a bubble game flavored candy cane and enjoyed it.

Read:  I finished up The Rosie Project.  I didn't enjoy it as much the second time around because I already knew what was going to happen.  It appears that re-reads just don't really do it for me.  Next book I started on reading was Edgar and Lucy.  It's quite a lengthy book and I am only at the beginning. It's quite odd.  It definitely hasn't drawn me in yet.

Listened: Good conversation at my book club.  It is such a diverse mix of women that we always have some interesting conversations.  I got to hear some hilarious bad date stories due to the Rosie Project.  Since I have been with Nick since we were 20, I didn't really have any good stories to share.  It did make me really thankful that I am not in the dating world!

Made: Jack's "elevate-a-word" costume for his school parade on Friday.  He didn't want to do too much, so we came up with the word athletic.  He wore a his basketball jersey, wrestling shorts and head gear, football pads, shin guards, wore his track shoes and sports gloves and carried a baseball.  I was amazed at the number of really creative costumes that students came up with.  I am not sure how the administration is going to pick just one best costume from each grade level.

Felt: Relieved that the yearbook was done.  I spent a lot of time this week taking pictures and building the final pages.  We didn't quite reach the sales goal that I had set for the school, but we are close to breaking even, which is better than the couple hundred that I thought we were going to be under.  Now I just need to calculate which teachers earned sonic drink passes and jeans passes.  Only a couple more hours until we are onto the 2017-2018 yearbook.

Planned: An awesome Easter morning.  Mom and Blas needed to get home to take care of the plants in the green house and so woke up and fun Easter morning.  Jack and I competed in an Easter Egg hunt to see who could find more eggs.  He won by just a few.  It's not easy trying to hunt for eggs that you've hidden.  My mom captured some good pictures of that moment.  We also had delicious caramel rolls for breakfast.  We played some games before they headed out.  We took family pictures and Poppa kept picking on Jack so his face and body language show that.  I tried to give you the best picture below

Loved: Watching Jack play football on Saturday.  Everything really seemed to click this week and he did a phenomenal job of playing Tight End, which his coach uses primarily as an extra blocker on the offensive line.  Our team mom, who also happens to be my friend, caught some great pictures of Jack.  I put just a few of my favorites below.

Here are the pics for the week:

 
   

Before the tour


Athletic


Football Pics




No comments: