Sunday 30 April 2017

A Week in Review (April 23-29)

A Week in Review (April 23-29)

Watched: Jack practice his "Cups and Balls" magic trick for his audition for the talent show.  They are only able to take the top 12 acts and so about 2/3 of the kids who tried out won't make the final cut.  He's made big progress in his performance with the practicing. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't get nervous when performing for other people.

Read: I wasn't really in the reading mood to start the week, so I didn't make a ton of progress on Edgar and Lucy.  I keep seeing great reviews on it so I will keep on keeping on and hope that it draws me in sooner rather than later.  I'm a little over half way, so hopefully next week I'll have a review for you. 

Listened: To several interesting workshops when I attended a conference on Saturday for the PTA.  It was a conference meant to uplift and inspire PTA leaders to go back and leader their local units better. I definitely feel I'll be able to do a couple things for better and will be able to provide minutes more in line with the state level of our PTA would like to see. 

Made: Darling little gifts for the secretaries in my life.  They all are truly blessings to me and they make my life so much easier.  They all seemed to enjoy them and I'm glad that I could make their day a little brighter.

Felt: Glad that I was able to attend Jack's field trip with him to Cave of the Winds.  There was a lot of fun things for the kids to do.  They got to play a Speed Freak game, learn about bats, try their hand at spelunking through a wooden cave, learn about lightening, go gem panning all in addition to their trip through the cave.  The cave was a bit of let down because it just didn't feel as authentic as our experience in Mexico.  I put a few of the photos I took below.

Planned: A dinner and drinks night with some our wrestling friends. Since I was at the convention all day on Saturday, we planned it for next week. It should be a good time and I'm looking forward to it.

Loved: My personal to-do lists are really shrinking and it felt good (but odd) to do a little bit of nothing while Jack was at school. Jack has only a couple of weeks of sports left. I'm not sure what we will do when everything is over.  I'm sure we will fill it up quickly. 

Here are the pics for the week:

Cave of the Winds
 
 

Secretary's Day Gift



My birthday gift from brother and sister-in-law.  I have three books in front of it, but I am very excited to be able to read it without waiting in a long hold list!
 

No comments: