Thursday 16 February 2017

A Week in Review (February 12-18)

A Week in Review (February 12-18)

Watched: A comeback for the ages with the KU vs West Virginia game Monday night. They were down 14 points with just a little under 3 minutes. The announcers were giving all the stats about the last time KU had lost two back to back home games. People were leaving the Fieldhouse before the end of the game.  But they just reached down deep and made the most epic comeback. We were all very amped and had a hard time falling asleep. 

Read: I finished up Our Souls at Night.  The positives for this book were: It frequently mentioned places I was familiar with. It was also very short.  The cons for this book: It was lackluster. It didn't go anywhere. I couldn't really connect with Addie or Louis. The writing style drove me bonkers.  It's not a book that I would recommend unless you are one of the people who has to read the book before the movie.  I hopped back over to The New York Regional Mormon Singles Dance.

Listened: To Jack ask to play a lot of chess. He's really been into it since he joined the chess club at his school, but this week they announced that they are having a chess tournament and the top three kids from each grade get to represent the school. Jack is just sure that he can make it. I'm not sure how he can go from novice to representing the school in a few weeks, but I'll know he'll try which I think is totally cool. 

Made: An appointment with a mobile detailer who came to buff out the paint transfer that happened when a gal was trying to park at school on Valentine's Day. I don't even really mind that it happened as the car has lots of those scrapes from the 11 years that I have owned it. What bothered me is that she obviously hit me, in front of several people, and didn't bother to leave a note or stick around.  Another parent from the school caught it and posted a picture to our neighborhood Facebook group.  I used that information to track her down in the parking lot the next day. She claimed she was so stressed that she just forgot she scraped me. She says she will pay for the buff, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Felt: Excited when our head coach reported that we had made a little over $3000 for our club at our tournament. This helps us to support our Champions with Character gear and have fun parties for the kids. I also am hoping that it gives way to be able to have a larger fund so the Coach isn't having to layout personal funds to pay for our gym rental. 

Planned: Catching up on chores and homework on Wednesday, instead waited 45 minutes for dinner at Tucano's.  Tucano's is the local Brazilian steakhouse and it was quite yummy.  We really didn't think we would need reservations for a Wednesday night but we were clearly wrong. Next time, we will call in regardless of what day of the week. 

Loved: Valentine's Day. I was able to take in pizza and flavored water for Jack and his classmates. Plus, the whoopie cushion Valentine's that we made for his classmates.  His teacher had them each write a compliment for each other on a piece of paper. Jack's love of sports was a common component. I also loved that there were a lot of people who mentioned that he was kind. Nick and I enjoyed a lunch together because we had wrestling that evening. We decided not to exchange gifts because we are going on our trip in March.  We spent the evening at wrestling practice. It's hard to believe that there is only one more week after this week. 

Here are the pics for the week:

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: