Wednesday 30 December 2015

A Week in Review (December 20-26)

A Week in Review (December 20-26)

Watched: The cousins play a lot of games together. We gave Jack the game Pie Face.  It was hilarious but messy. We tried it later in the week with a wet sponge and that was much easier to deal with and just as funny. The cousins got Twister, Monopoly, and Clue from us. They had a blast playing together. I think Clue was their favorite. 

Read: Nothing in the way of books. It seems like when we travel, I pack so much into the day that I use my downtime to get caught up on my games and social media. Not as good for my brain for sure!

Listened: To everyone sing Happy Birthday to my brother. Granted it was a day early due to his work schedule and our tradition of opening family gifts on Christmas Eve. I can hardly believe it was 26 years ago that I first learned about true love at first sight. 

Made: The long trek home from my mom's. While the distance has decreased dramatically, it felt awfully long fighting the blowing snow and wind. Luckily, Nick is extremely patient and just kept it at speed he felt comfortable with. There also weren't a ton of other drivers on the road, which did help with the safety factor. 

Felt: Thankful that my sister in law, Valerie, stopped by Hurts Donut and picked a dozen donuts so I had a wide variety to try. I have seen several people like their Facebook posts and I was eager to try them.  They had a ton of unique flavors.  While I didn't love them as much as I thought I would, they were still yummy. 

Planned: To just have Santa Claus deliver a stuffed dog letting Jack know that we would start the hunt in earnest. However, my mom advertised on a Facebook group and we met Nora. She's a 1 year old black lab.  We decided she would be a good fit in the family, so Santa Claus delivered her to Jack. She's still a puppy, but seems easily trainable. 

Loved: Spending time with both of our families for the holidays. It is so much nicer to do a gift exchange in person rather than through the mail.  We made so many wonderful memories that will have to sustain us until we can all get together again. It's hard living long distances from our families, but we will continue to do all we can to make those memories. 

Here are the pics for the week:










No comments: