Tuesday 10 November 2015

A Week in Review (November 1-6)

A Week in Review (November 1-6)

Watched: Royals win Game 5 of the World Series on our TV and Denver play the Packers on my iPad. I couldn't believe that the two events collided.  It was a great night since the Royals won the World Series and the Broncos whopped up on the Packers.  The joy that was present on the players faces totally made the win.  I know that I went to bed with a smile on my face.

Read: Dead in the Family.  Overall, I gave it three stars.  This book didn't have quite as much climax as I was expecting it to have.  It was good to catch up with Sookie and all of her side characters.  I have to say that I am rooting for her and Sam to get together.  They just seem like the best match, but knowing Sookie, she would mess it up.  I am sure I will come back to the series in the new year.

Listened: To so many friends debate on whether or not to attend the parade in the Royals honor.  I also listened to some people complain that school was let out for a "blue" snow day so that staff and students could attend.  Then on Tuesday, I saw post after post from the parade.  It was amazing to see the city turn out in such huge numbers.  It is estimated that almost 800,000 people came out to watch the parade.  That is almost twice the population of Kansas City, MO proper.  Best of all, it was a relatively drama free for those who were brave enough to go down there.

Made: The change in decorations from Halloween to Thanksgiving.  I have a pretty good collection of art from Jack over the years.  It really makes me happy every time I walk by it.  That wall was empty for about a day during the transition and I didn't like it all.  It felt way to empty.  Who knows what I will do after Christmas?

Felt: Surreal about boy coming down dressed up when he realized that his babysitter for Saturday night was an older girl.  What???  How can it be that my boy is growing up enough to care about what the ladies might think and to think that he might have a chance in that department.  He actually wore jeans!  He usually thinks of jeans as the worst possible clothing solution out there.  In the end, he wasn't impressed with her, but I am just not sure that I am ready for this next stage of life.

Planned: On a normal bracket for Jack's tournament for his tournament in Castle Rock.  Instead, he ended up in a six man bracket.  That is two more wrestlers than normal.  One kid was added to his bracket that was a B wrestler because he didn't fit well into any of other brackets.  Jack ended up beating him.  :)  He only lost one match and took second.  He and the B wrestler each lost only one match, but the other kid had two pins where Jack only had one from his matches.  It was fun to see him get better with each match with the coaching that he received in the middle.  He really has a won't quit attitude that helps him tremendously in wrestling.

Loved: Going to All Colorado brewers beer fest with our friends.  We opted for early entry tickets which allowed us to get in an hour earlier.  That was nice because we had access to all the best swag and their really weren't any lines for the beer.  Nick found a couple beers that he really liked Ironbird's Deadstick, which is a double IPA and a Green Chile Beer from Rock Bottom Brewery.  You can see by my attempt at self (with an awesome  photobomb by some random passerby) that he got his moneys worth of samples.  I was a DD so didn't partake in the samples, but had a good time all the same way.

Here are the pics for the week:



Jack's just goofing around while Nick gave him posing guidance.

The silver medalists.


Big Jenga.  Nick may have helped Sherry win by given Ryan a little nudge.

Didn't she get a great photo bomb in?


No comments: