Thursday 18 June 2015

A Week in Review (June 7-13)

A Week in Review (June 7-13)

Watched: Real Salt Lake take on the Colorado Alpines. Our neighbors gave us their tickets as they were unable to attend. It was a good time, but I don't think I quite get it like I do football. It was a long game without a ton of action.  Jack really enjoyed it again and was glad we went. 


Read: I didn't finish The Hypnotist Love Story yet, but I did make good progress. I am sure next week I will have completed it (finally!)

Listened: To Jack check on the sweet neighbor baby who was napping on my bed. His mom had an appointment so we watched him while Jack was at swim lessons. He conked out on the car ride home and I was able to transfer him easily. Jack gave him his lemur beside him so that in case he woke up and we weren't there, he wouldn't be frightened. 

Made: The long trek to Colorado Springs so that we could scope out the area and possibly find a house. We weren't able to sign a lease on a house, but we did get a very good idea of the neighborhoods that we would like.

Felt: Quite amazed that my legs are both naturally sun tanned and scab free. It has been so nice to live where there are fewer mosquitoes and I am going to embrace every second of it. I was told that CO Springs wasn't too buggy either and I hope they are right about that. 

Planned: For Jack to do a second week of swim lessons at same level he had taken this week. However, when I spoke with his instructor, he said that he felt he was ready to move up a level.  He loves being in the water.  We were there almost every free day this week. 

Loved: Seeing my mom, if only for a bit, while we exchanged Jack. I was so thankful to her for meeting us so that he didn't have to deal with the exploration of  CO Springs. I don't think he would have a good time with us at all. My sister-in-law texted me a couple of awesome pictures of them hanging out. 

Here are the pics for the week:







We try not to take ourselves too seriously here. I can't even remember what brought this about. 

First week of summer, first time cleaning the bathroom. Poor guy...


So there was a large animal in the field behind our house. While a deer seems to make the most sense, I swear it was a moose. The antlers were just to big for a deer. Sadly, the tall grass camouflaged it too much and I wasn't able to get a good shot. 



No comments: