Monday 20 April 2015

A Week in Review (April 12-18)

A Week in Review (April 12-18)

Watched: Jack have a good time along the walk called the Temple of Sinawava at Zion National Park. It was such a beautiful place to be. If you ever want to feel small in this vast world, take a walk along that path. These mountains just raise up above you and force you to think about how long it took to create.  So glad we were able to make it there. 


Read: I almost finished up The Death Cure. I have three books that have come off my hold shelf and one more that I need to read for book club.  Luckily I have two plane flights so hopefully I will be able to make a small dent in the list then.

Listened: To 100 very excited kids participate in the Monster Math competition.  On the day before the event, I was helping Jack's teacher (who had to run the event due to having a Student Teacher) get ready. I asked her if she could use a spare hand the next morning and she said sure.  It's a good thing that I asked because the other teacher who was slated to help suddenly couldn't. The event went well and we had to send the eateries off for judging. I'll be very interested to see the scores when they are done. 

Made: A mistake as to what library held the DVD that Jack wanted. But luckily there was an awesome park nearby and we decided to play there instead. We loved it and will definitely go back with more time to play and a have a picnic dinner there.

Felt: So thankful for the fact that I didn't have to shovel with Wednesday's snow storm. The roads and sidewalk for still warm enough that nothing would stick.  The snow collected plenty on the ground and the National Weather Service reported we got 6".  It was the best 6" of snow that I have ever been a part of. 

Planned: On trying out some local garage sales in the area. I was thinking that maybe I would find some pants for a Jack for next season. Instead, I found several cute clothes for my friends upcoming baby girl and fun new toy for Nick and I. It is a SmartThings hub and accessories. Our favorite thing is that you can control light bulbs with it, which is excellent for Nick coming in late. He hates walking into a dark house and I don't like leaving the lights on. This gives us the perfect solution. 

Loved: My new shower curtain. My mom sent me a Target gift card so that I could buy myself a new shower curtain for my birthday. I'm pretty pleased with the immediate change in the bathroom. I also love my double sided shower hooks that made it easy to change the curtain out.

Here are the pics for the week:























Jack posing before his jog-a-thon


And pouring some water on himself post run







No comments: