Wednesday 12 February 2014

A Week in Review (February 2-8)

A Week in Review (February 2-8)

Watched: The Broncos play in the Super Bowl.  It was extremely disheartening.  The only good thing to come out of it is that I won some money from some pools that I entered.  It didn't lessen the pain of the embarrassment my team gave me.  At least I can say that they were AFC champions. 


Read:  I finished up The Sugar Queen.  I enjoy Sarah Addison Allen books. You know what you'll be getting, but still the story line draws you in. I totally wish I was like Chloe and books would just appear me to me when I needed them. It really feels like there needs to be a follow up to this book though!  Next, I started Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5). It has been in the typical fashion of Sookie novel.  I am hoping to be done by the end of next week.  

Listened: To a new to me TV series called Downton Abbey.  The first three seasons are currently available for streaming on Amazon Prime and I have been binge watching them.  If you enjoy historical fiction, I would highly recommend tuning in!  Not sure what I will do about the 4th season because it is not available for free yet. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there!

Made: Some lego creations with Jack. The library decided to open up their Legos to give the kids something free to do outside of the house on the 3rd snow day. He had so much fun and created a fun space ship. :)

Felt: Extremely grateful that Jack likes playing with other staff members children at my work. On Friday, had to have our open enrollment due to snow. Because Jack was already slated to come with me because Olathe had a professional development day, he had to wake up and leave our house at 6:30. He fell asleep on the ride there and back to sleep once we for there (see the hilarious photo of him below). At lunch, two other Kindergartners whose mom's also work there arrived.  They had so much fun being together. Jack even chose to miss open gym so he could stay and play longer. He apparently asked the girl to marry him and it left her speechless!

Planned: For a snow day on Tuesday and sure enough, we got it. We even convinced Nick to stay home and play with us too. We slept in and played plenty of games. We finished up Jack's Valentine's for school.  They turned out quite cute! What we didn't plan for snow days on Wednesday and Thursdsy, but we got those too!

Loved: That Jack got to have more spectators for his basketball game. His Uncle Kevin and Aunt Debbie came up to cheer him on. He also got to pick out where we went out to dinner-Mr Goodcents. He was heaven and I thought it was pretty good too. We are blessed that family and friends are able to  watch him on the court. It makes things more enjoyable for him. 

Here are the pics for the week:
Jack in awesome shirt his Aunt Valerie made for him!


One of his snow day activities-a couch cushion fort. In this pic, he is showing how he can play the Wii on the tiny screen of the Wii tablet. 




His Lego Spaceship creation. 


Jack conked out at school on Friday morning. 

Here is a pic of Nick and Jack on his Watch Dog morning. 


Some fun basketball pics his Aunt Debbie captured. Here is calling out his man. 


Waiting for a rebound 


And I think he just passed the ball in this pic. Side note : Number 0 in the red was one of his preschool classmates and he was glad to see him there :)


No comments: