Thursday 12 December 2013

A Week in Review (December 1-7)

A Week in Review (December 1-7)

Watched: The Broncos sweep The Chiefs!  As a Broncos fan, it was wonderful. As Nick's wife, well not as much. But I didn't let that stop me from harassing him.

Read: I finished up The Girl You Left BehindAnother winner by JoJo Moyers. I didn't realize when I began that this was a book of two parallel stories. It unfolds in an exciting way, but wasn't until it got set in modern times did the story pick up and take me in.

Listened: I started listening to Gift from the Sea. It is a more a series of essays rather than a novel. I picked it up after reading about it in The Aviator's Wife. It is amazing the parallels it has to modern life and relationships , even though it was penned almost 60 years ago. 

Made: My now annual batches of Christmas goodies. This years treats included: Apple Pie Cookies (my favorite this year), Peppermint Meltaways, Cherry Almond Cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge, Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels, Peppermint Bark with Oreos (what I felt was the biggest flop), and Butterfinger Bites.  I have so much fun creating these goodies and then sharing them with neighbors.

Felt: Excited for Christmas. I just love this time of year. If it wasn't for the crazy attitudes of shoppers in the stores and the freezing weather, there would be nothing to complain about. 

Planned: To unwrap one Christmas book a night with Jack. This is the 3rd year that we have done it, but the first that he has really gotten into it.  We always read the new one and then repeat 2 or 3 of ones we want to hear again.

Loved: Getting all my Christmas decorations up!  We were blessed with great weather on Sunday and it made it so much nicer to get everything up. Both of our neighbors decided to get their's up on the same day and I think the three guys had fun doing it (although they would never admit that!)

Here are the pics for the week:

My lights all a glow. 


We had fun decorating the tree. Putting the star up was the best of all (but isn't it always!)


Quentin's ornament that he made for us in 2008 makes for a fine gun in this cool dude pose. 


Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Jack started basketball practice!


I've had fun putting out Jack's elf. He was quite upset that Connor took so much artistic license with his picture. Good thing it was just a dry erase marker that wiped off easily!

No comments: