Tuesday 10 September 2013

Week in Review (August 25-30)

Week in Review (August 25-30)

Watched: KSU lose to a Division II school. I couldn't believe Nick wanted to watch a the game, but it was Friday night and we didn't have much else better to do.  I even ended up getting goosebumps because I was so excited for NDSU. 

Read: 
The Shining Girls.  It was an awesome book. It combined a mystery book with The Time Traveler's Wife. Definitely an out of the book thriller, which I enjoyed. The ending really reminded me of The Dark Tower (The Dark Tower, #7)

Listened: With driving to work all week, I was able to finish up 
Assassination Vacation. I did learn quite a bit that I had never heard about the Garfield and McKinley assassinations   She is a unique author. I did enjoy hearing Jon Stewart reading the part of Garfield.   

Made: My traditional Fruit Loop necklaces with my students. They are such a great group of kids and I think we are going to have so much fun this year. 

Felt: Itchy. The mosquitoes are horrible and my legs can tell it. The worst part is that the gnats also seem to be horribly bad and they are attracted to the scabs that I have from the aforementioned bites. Yuck!

Planned: I attempted to fugue out how we would spend Labor Day weekend without any KU football game to go to. It just doesn't feel right. I didn't come up with anything special. Guess we might just chill and enjoy being home together.

Loved: How helpful Nick has been to allow me to keep working much longer hours than we are used to. He has watched Jack during the day, cooked dinners, and just been so supportive of me.

Here are the pics for the week. Sadly, this is the only one I took. I posted this pic first because its a better pic of Jack. The second one shows the saying better. He was a bit bummer because his teacher, who is a huge KSU fan, didn't say anything to him about it. Oh well!  He knows he did the right thing by not wearing purple. 





No comments: