Sunday 22 September 2013

A Week in Review (September 15-21)

A Week in Review (September 15-21)

Watched: The Jayhawks get a 2nd win.  It was such a close game and they won on a 52 yard field goal.  The offense still played pretty poorly and the defense looked weak at times, but they found a way to win. Let's hope they take that momentum into the buy week and come out ready to play. I think that Texas Tech is one of our best shots for a victory in conference play.

Read: A book ended up coming off hold, so I never even started Seduction and Snacks. Instead, I started Reconstructing Amelia.  It is a story about a girl who has supposedly committed suicide, but then her mother starts getting anon texts saying she didn't jump. It's told through a mix of point of views and venues, such as traditional writing, text message histories, and Facebook status updates. I'm not sure where it is taking me, but it's kept me interested so far.

Listened: I ditched A Prayer for Owen Meany for Dad Is Fat.It's a good little book that makes you laugh about parenthood. Sure, there were things I couldn't relate too, but no parenting book outside of one you would write would be 100% relate-able.

Made: A lot of to-do list. We are refinancing the house and want to get a good appraisal so we are doing lots of little things and a couple major things to try and get the highest appraisal possible on the house.

Felt: Thankful for my handy husband. He is good at so many different things. This week he put in a new door and a storm door. I never would have guessed all the work that went into that process. He also startled tackling the other major project. A new patio door.

Planned: The Fall Fun Day in detail. I always forget how much work there is too be done, but the kids always seem to have a great time.

Loved: That Nick finally let me have a storm door. He doesn't like them, but he knows that I have been wanting one for quite some time and since we were already ripping off the front door, he went ahead and caved.  I think it will get lots of use.

Here are the pics for the week. I only took two all week. That's how busy we've been!

Jack preparing to mount the bar over the foam pit. This is his favorite part of the Parent's Night Out Event at a local gym. 

Jack with his green curls. This was at one of less exciting portions of the KU game. 



No comments: