Sunday 21 February 2016

A Week in Review (February 14-20)

A Week in Review (February 14-20)

Watched: Jack correctly identify where all 50 states went on a blank map without missing one. I was absolutely blown away. He really enjoys playing the app called Stack the States and learned it all from there. I am not sure if he will retain it, but it will be handy to have in his subconscious for when he hits US geography hard in 5th grade.

Read:  I finished up the book Winter.  While I thought this book was a great wrap up to the series, it was a bit drawn out for me. If you have read the others, you must read this one to know what happens to everyone. There isn't a story line that is left incomplete. I could easily see her picking up another book following them into adulthood.  Next, I started the book Promise Not to Tell, which I am doing in my book club of two with my friend Sarah.  It was a very quick read that was hard to put down. It was fun because we were able to read at close to the same pace and were able to discuss our theories along the way.  Overall, I would give the book three stars as I have a hard time when supernatural elements play a critical role in the story. It would be a good "ghost" story for Halloween.  Next, we started on The Dinner.  I was up too late on Saturday to really get anywhere in it though.

Listened: To the audiobook for Dead Reckoning.  While I enjoyed the story, it all felt rather anti climatic to me. Things seemed to go down the exact path you thought they would by 100 pages in. There were no twists and turns like you hope for. I am hoping that she is done with Eric for good. I am not really a fan of their relationship. Hard to believe there are only two books left in the series.  Not having a show that I am catching up on leaves plenty of time for me to listen to books while I do other things around the house. When I finished it, it felt too silent. I decided to go ahead and start the next Sookie book, Deadlocked. These books are perfect audiobooks because if you miss something because you aren't giving it your full attention, it will usually be explained again later. And if it isnt, it's easy to skip back and re-listen. 

Made: A ton of shredded paper getting rid of tax documents we no longer needed to keep. I couldn't believe that we still had things with my maiden name on them!  That's stuff from 15 years ago. Since we don't claim any losses, we only had to keep three years worth. With those being electronic filing years, the documentation is so much less!  I'll need to make that a yearly chore rather than one that I do every decade and a half!

Felt: Grateful that I have sweet boy who likes to make others happy. On Tuesday, he made a fish from fried bologna and pancake batter (it was breakfast for dinner night). He asked that I take his picture with it and post it to Facebook so that he could make people smile.

Planned: To see a smile in Jack's wrestling photos. I don't know why. I guess wrestling is a tough guy sport. When I saw the picture, it just made me laugh.  It took a picture of the picture and you can see it below.

Loved: Celebrating Valentine's Day with my boys. We let Nick sleep in and then we opened gifts. The boys went to Jared and bought me a gorgeous tennis bracelet. I think I will call it my 15 year anniversary present too since it was a little over the top. I simply got Nick the Chiefs hat that he saw Alex Smith wearing when it was announced they would be in the playoffs. Jack got some candy. We made kabobs on the beautiful day.

Here are the pics for the week:


Look at all that shredded paper!





No comments: