Tuesday 2 October 2012

It always the same people

Who sign up to volunteer, who get things running. Why is that? What would happen if the small percentage of us stopped doing it? Would someone else magically step in? I'm constantly amazed at that. After my experience at Jack's school today, I feel like I will always have to be one of those moms in his class. They were supposed to wear mismatched clothes to promote bully awareness. He was the only child in his class of 13 who participated. There was one memo sent home from the teacher and another reminder in all the school newsletter. Luckily the teachers had dressed up so he didn't feel so odd. It was also the kind of mismatching that a sports fan would appreciate. He wore football pants and a basketball jersey. He also wore one pumpkin sock and one Chief's sock. Oh well, I guess this is a good lesson for me to leant!

No comments: